4-H, 4 You, 4 Me, 4 Everybody
2023's winning theme submitted by Jay of Colchester Co.
4-H is a hands-on, community-based youth organization.
And it all revolves around fun projects...
4-H projects are all about learning new skills, making things and visiting places with friends.
The projects are divided into 2 categories.
Life Skills and Livestock
Community Engagement & Communications
- Effecting positive change in your community and beyond
- Seeking out ways to lend a hand
- Stepping up to the plate
- Exploring issues, finding your voice and speaking up about important matters that affect you and the world around you
- Acting as a role model for the change you want to see in the world
Science & Technology
- Engaging in the science and technology world
- Exploring ideas you may have brewing
- Explaining your reasoning using logic and evidence
- Extending your mind and reaching for the sky!
The Environment & Healthy Living
- Learning to be stewards of the environment by developing sustainable solutions
- Taking care of yourself and others
- Learning positive ways to stay healthy and active
- Making informed choices
- Digging in and getting your hands dirty
- Learning to listen to your heart
Sustainable Agriculture & Food Security
- Appreciating the food we eat and grow
- Learning about innovative and sustainable farming practices
- Learning new ways of improving nutrition and food security
- Exchanging ideas and solutions at home and abroad
Learn about things like...
How a club works
How projects are done
What members do
The age you need to be
How to register
There are many benefits of joining a 4-H program:
Self-confidence, leadership skills, life skills, interview & public speaking skills, and more.
Members can also apply for scholarships, national
4-H awards, travel opportunities, and jobs.Find out morePlay Video
Watch the 4-H Canada video