Camp Rankin week-long camps are a co-ed overnight camp for 4-H members and friends, ages 9 to 12. Camp Rankin is broken into five one-week camps. The camp week begins on Sunday afternoon and ends the following Friday morning.
Camp Rankin was built in 1972 by volunteers as a Centennial project of the Richmond County 4-H Leader’s Council and was the first 4-H Camp in the Atlantic Provinces. It is located on 60 acres of land at Cape George, near St. Peters, Richmond County, Nova Scotia. In 2022, Camp Rankin is celebrating its 50th Anniversary!
The camp has hiking trails, a beach, and a dining/recreation hall. The Camp Director, Assistant Director, and Counsellors lead campers through 4-H skills sessions and traditional camp activities such as crafts, recreation, canoeing, drama, nature, healthy living, and exploring 4-H.
Campers come home with unforgettable memories, experiences and lifelong friendships!
**PLEASE NOTE: REGISTRATION FOR 2022 CAMP OPENS FRIDAY 27 MAY 2022 @ 9 AM**
Camp Rankin 2022
We are excited to announce that Applications for Camp Rankin will be opening on Friday, 27 May 2022 at 9 AM through this link. Camp Rankin is celebrating 50 years in 2022!
We recognize that there isn’t always a “one-size-fits-all” solution to overnight accommodations for all campers. At 4-H Nova Scotia, we want to be sure that our campers feel comfortable, safe, and welcome at Camp Rankin. If any camper has concerns about accommodation, please reach out to 4-H Nova Scotia to discuss solutions. We will work with you to make sure your camping experience is a positive one!
- Due to staffing requirements to meet Youth Safety Policies, we are only offering Junior Camps (age 9-12) this year.
- Members ages 13-15 that are interested in participating at Camp are still welcome to apply as Counsellors in Training (CITs) and can register through the same link. Please note, CITs will pay the same fee as campers.
- Camps will run for one week (Sunday afternoon – Friday morning) from 10 July – 5 August 2022 at Camp Rankin in Richmond County, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.
- Week 2: 10-15 July
- Week 3: 17- 22 July
- Week 4: 24- 29 July
- Week 5: 31 July – 5 August
- Space is limited- you will be able to indicate your first and second choices of camp dates on the application form. We will accommodate first choices on a first come first serve basis.
- Registration must be received by the Friday before camp begins.
- Transportation will be available. Pickup/Dropoff locations are listed on the application.
- New this year: In order of Camp Rankin’s 50th Anniversary, Camp Rankin will be open to 4-H’ers from Atlantic Canada!
- Registration Fees
- 4-H NS Camper: $350
- Non-4-H NS Camper: $450
Learn To Do By Doing – Volunteer
Three female and three male Counselors-In-Training attend each week during the camping season. Each CIT attends camp to help counsellors and learn what it is like to be a camp counsellor. This is an unpaid position.
Employment Opportunities at Camp Rankin
Each summer 4-H Nova Scotia hires a staff of nine to help run the five weeks of summer camps. These job postings are advertised on our website and Indeed.com.
Positions at Camp Rankin include: Camp Counselors (6), Camp Director, Assistant Camp Director, and Cooks.