Do you like a challenge? Would you like to share your enthusiasm for agriculture with an interested audience? Would you like to develop public speaking skills and express your opinions in a national forum? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be interested in participating in the Young Speakers for Agriculture Competition! You could represent 4-H Nova Scotia at the Royal Winter Fair competition!
The 2022 competition topics are:
- The implications of supply chain issues on Canada’s food supply.
- Rising global water and temperature levels: What does it mean for agriculture?
- Unexpected careers: Here are three jobs you didn’t know were linked to agriculture.
- Alternative agriculture: What opportunities await Canadian farmers?
- Is local food sustainable?
- Why the world is eating more fish and what it means for Canadian aquaculture.
- I realized I wanted a career in agriculture when _______
The Young Speakers for Agriculture 2022 Competition will be held virtually on Friday, October 7, 2022, at 7:00pm over Zoom.
Entrants may offer their speech live during this event but must submit a video recording of their speech by October 6 (in case any of us have technical difficulties).
If you are eligible for the competition but had not registered, please contact Chelsea Crawford at Chelsea.Crawford@4hnovascotia.ca with the following information: name, address, birth date, and speech topic.